Construction Worker Dies in Truck Fire in Forsyth County, North Carolina
FORSYTH COUNTY, NC -- State Police and Department of Labor spokespeople have not yet named the man that died in a fiery work accident that happened in Forsyth County, North Carolina on Thursday, July 9th, 2015. The news indicated that the incident was reported to the Fire Department around 1:30 Thursday afternoon.
A construction worker was confirmed dead when the tractor-trailer he was in erupted in flames while unloading pine straw on Belwes Creek Road. The straw is believed to have caught fire while the man was inside and became trapped.
The worker died in the incident.
The investigation is underway by personnel from multiple agencies.
Scene of the Accident
View of the Road
Now many may look at this situation and call it an unavoidable, freak accident. But I'd disagree. Does anybody have a clue as to where the spark came from that started the fire? Pine straw, by nature, is a combustible material that can easily start a very large fire. This means that there needs to be reasonable precautions to keep the materials way from open flame, sparks, or anything else that can cause ignition. If somebody was smoking, or producing sparks of any kind with machinery, was this really the safest way to act or work around such flammable materials? There are a lot of questions that need to be asked about what happened, and I hope somebody is asking them. If somebody made a mistake here, they need to face accountability so things like this are prevented in the future.
-- Grossman Law Offices