James Taylor Injured in Sherman, TX House Fire Accident
Sherman, TX -- November 6, 2019, James Taylor sustained injuries as the result of an accident where his house caught fire.
Emergency services responded to the scene of the fire early Wednesday morning.
A neighbor reportedly passed by the home of James Taylor seeing smoke. That neighbor woke up Taylor who then escaped the building. He returned several times to save his dogs before the home became fully engulfed.
Reports said that Taylor suffered burns and a hand injury in the fire. It appears no one else was injured. The cause of the fire appears to be a space heater.
Right now, additional details are under investigation.
Reports say a space heater may have caused the fire, but how exactly did that occur? If the heater was too close to something flammable, then it's possible there's nothing unusual about this tragic event. However, it's always worth looking into whether or not the product was defective. If a product fails catastrophically and sparks a fire, that's clearly a problem. Customers expect that the things they buy won't hurt them when used properly. If they do, the manufacturer needs to take responsibility for that. Until evidence says otherwise, it's important not to rule out that possibility just yet.
--Grossman Law Offices